Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 27, 2011

Dear Family,
Yes, Elder Sherrill is pretty sad I'm leaving but he has a cool new companion from our District named Elder Heath. And Elder Sherrill keeps saying he believes we get our visas based on our readiness so he thinks i am ready or something to go to Brazil. I don't know if I am language wise but hopefully I will learn faster when I get there. I sent you my first sim card from my camera. There aren't too many pics on it but I figured you would want some before I left and it would be cheaper to send to you while I was still in America.
   They actually took the sign down that was in front of the MTC... I'm not sure why and my whole district was pretty bummed. But I think I have some in there in front of the Provo Temple that may work. 
  Well I said all my good-bye's to my teachers and to Shawna. It was pretty sad but I have all their addresses and stuff so I can write to them.
  I don't think I have 12 pounds of books lol, and that may be because I didn't get all the books I was supposed to. They run out of Portuguese books here all the time. But also I am trying to put most of the heavy stuff in my carry on. oh, I'm still using that tiny backpack that is like falling apart. I borrowed some duct tape from one of the Elders in my District (Elder Heath I think, or Elder Cornwell) and taped up all the places that were starting to rip. I think it would be fun to try and take it with me on my whole mission and see how long it will last and how many repairs I will need to make to it. Of course, I still don't want to look like a Bum walking around with a backpack falling apart so I'm sure eventually I'll need to replace it.
  From now on I think it will be cheaper just to send me emails and dear elders cuz just a normal letter to Brazil takes like $0.98 which is three stamps. And that is just 1oz. Or I hear you can buy international stamps but those would cost the same I'm sure. Once I get down there I will figure out if I can send mine through the church for cheaper or if it's the same for me and let you know.
   Well, my time on the computer is about up. Tell everyone I love them all!! And thanks Mom and Dad, for everything you have done for me in helping me get ready for my mission, and all the time and money you have put into this. Until next time I can email you.
             Love Always,
                                 Elder Daniel Bent Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment