Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Monday, February 11, 2013


Hey Mom and Dad,
    Yeah it was cold here the first few days, but then it heated up. It's not nearly as bad as Madureira, so I’m not complaining. But yeah, at night it cools way down, so that is nice. I'm doing fine mom, if you are referring to my health. I don't think I've ever been so healthy in my life. I haven’t ever really gotten sick here. Not even stuffy nose. At least nothing that was so big that I remember.

    Elder Mimary told me about that missionaries getting in fights, not being obedient, stuff like that. Cool stuff. I hope I don't have to deal with anything like that. My zone here seems pretty relaxed. The only problem is that there are like 6 closed areas in our zone, and so all references for these areas we are responsible for. So we travel a lot. But the Elders seem really good, rule keeping missionaries. And excited. Almost all of them are recently promoted to DL or Senior, so they are all excited and ready to work. That makes me happy.

   Yes I have given lots of blessings on the mission. The members don't even really ask the Elder's Quorum anymore, they just ask the missionaries lol. But it's cool. We gave a blessing actually the other day to a little boy who had hurt his foot playing soccer on gravel. He didn't want to go to the doctors, so for many days he just hopped around on one foot. The mom (a family of investigators) asked for a prayer for him, so we explained about blessings and gave him a blessing. We found out later that the doctor looked at his foot and said it was really serious, that he could lose his foot. He ordered him basically not to use it for a week, and to use gauze and this medicine. After the blessing he was fine after two days. He was already on the street playing soccer again. The mom said we had done a prayer really strong. This family says they know the Book of Mormon is true, and believe that the church is true. Then only thing that faults is marriage. But we are finding out a way that is cheaper and faster to marry people, even after just one day. I hope it works.

   This week was not too good for the zone. No one baptized. We are beating ourselves up for it. But we have a couple of baptisms lined up for this week now. We even had a family come to church yesterday (legally married|!) who have a date for the 24th. We are hoping all goes well there.

   Alright my time is being eaten quickly, so I’ll wrap this up. I can't remember if I responded to all of your questions. Sorry if not. Oh, we found like 8 new investigators this week. I'm really happy cuz my companion knows how to teach well, and loves doing contacts, so we are always finding new people. I love being a zone leader cuz all your companions are good missionaries lol. Alright I love you guys and hope you have a good week. I hope you liked Guarana!!!
Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment