Thursday, August 29, 2013

Monday, August 12, 2013

   Alright, let me see if I can organize my thoughts onto this email lol.   Honesty I think the food I miss the most is probably Root Beer lol. I'm not even sure if I remember all the food enough to miss it. But in terms of a meal when I get back I wouldn't mind dad’s tri tip and some good salads that you make. That or Pizza lol. I would be happy with either one. I'll be flying back alone. The big flight I’ll be with a missionary but he is from Massachusetts so he will go there. Elder Sherril is going home one week before me cuz he stayed in Rio, so I won't be going home with him. The last two flights I’ll be trucking out alone. So that's good just you guys expecting a smelly bearded guy in a suit (I will have been traveling for over 20 hours... just warning you guys lol.)

     Alright so this week we found an elect in our area. Actually, it was the sisters who found him and passed the reference to us. His name is Fernando, and he is about in his late fifties. He is incredible. He has lived a long life of drinking and smoking, but it has already been 5 years since the last time he drank and he is fighting the smoking with us. He went to church this last Sunday and said he absolutely loved it. If all goes well his baptism is marked for the 18th. He came to church on his own two feet, without anyone going to get him. He is extremely firm. I love teaching him because he is humble in terms of accepting. We taught him The Word of Wisdom last night and he just said "wow. I didn't know that about coffee. Alright, I’ll stop drinking it." he was sent from God :)

   Other than that this week was bad in our area for having gone many times to other areas to do interviews. The zone baptized three this week. I have felt that way many times  during my mission, that it is passing like a dream. It's sad... thinking about all the people and missionaries I have met that maybe I will never see again. But happy because I know that what I have done has been the will of the Lord and serving him.
We are still looking for a house in our area so money is tight (cuz of busses) and work is slow but we should be getting it this week. I love you all and hope you have a good week :)
Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment