Thursday, November 29, 2012

Monday, August 13, 2012

Hey!
This week we were able to talk with a couple families, but not as many as I would have hoped. Some of them fell on us :(. But we taught some good ones, including one family who is married! He read the little pamphlet on the plan of salvation and now says he can't wait to read the book of mormon. It was really cool, and we marked to go back Tuesday night to talk about the Plan and the Restoration. We are going to invite them to church and possibly baptism as well, so your prayers are appreciated :). For Adriano and Luanda.

Alright, what else. We had lunch with a family whose husband was inactive. We invited them to church and promised them blesings and he came on Saturday! It was incredible, we are going to visit them again this week and firm him up, and help them set goals to be sealed in the temple, something that they have not been able to do.

This week we found an elect. I saw this guy on the street and made a contact with him. From the first moment I started talking he just had this really big smile on his face. We went to his house and taught him about the Plan of Salvation. He said it made sense, and he had drawn many of those conclusions himself. He is 17. He got really excited and the spirit was really strong, so we invited him to be baptized on the 19th and he accepted! So this week we are going to teach him the rest and help him prepare to be baptized. It was amazing too because he came to church alone without us having to go get him yesterday, and he brought his girlfriend too. It was really cool, because it's not too often you see people willing to walk all the way to church on a sunday morning. His name is Iago and he still gets this huge smile on his face whenever we see him.

That's about it for this week. Not much else. I had to pay 120 bucks to pull bekka's package out of correios, but I already said that last week. So i went and got that today. It was awesome, had alot of things I needed but I can thank her in my letter to her.

Alright Dad, it looks like you are running low on stuff to write me about ;) so I have a couple things I would like you to write me about. I don't know too much about how your mission was. I just know it was in Germany and way back when the dinasaurs existed and you still taught memorized lessons ;) lol just kidding. But write me about your companions and who they were, if you trained what it was like, what it was like being senior for the first time, your first baptisms, how you found people, what the biggest problems were there in germany for them to overcome, stuff like that. I would like to know :).

Alright I love you both and hope you guys have another awesome week. If it makes you feel any better mom, this week has been almost as hot as your guys's, and it's supposed to be winter here!! :)

Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment