Thursday, November 29, 2012

Monday, September 3, 2012

Hey,
I haven't passed my one year mark yet so I haven't done anything yet. I don't know what I'll do. I have heard about the cutting a tie in half thing. I have also heard of burning a white shirt. I don't know what I'll do or if I'll do anything special. I just have no idea. It's still surreal to me that I'm gonna hit the peak here soon. From here on out it's all downhill and will go by way faster. It's just weird.

Anyways, we had a really nice week finding lots of people and committing all of them to baptism.... but no one came to church. Then a woman came to church miraculously out of nowhere with her son! We were so excited we went and got her address and... she lives in another elder's area. We just couldn't catch a break this week. Not to mention this week I was bit by a freakin dog. I was just walking along the street minding my own business when this dog charges out of the house and bites me in the leg! Man I was pissed. I tried to kick it but it just barked and ran away. Piece of crap dog... It didn't bite me hard, like it didn't break the skin or leave a mark. But still.

Yesterday we taught a woman named Joana. From the moment we started talking with her she started talking about baptism and how she knows it's a commandment and she needs to be baptized in a church. We got excited. We told her that we were missionaries from the restored church of God, and we were sent there to help her be baptized. That's when she got excited. We taught her the restoration and she understood everything. We told her that today there is a prophet who lives and she said "wait a minute... like a prophet prophet? Like Moses or Adam or one of those guys? Like only one in the world at a time prophet?" We said yes and taught her about the restorationa and the Book of Mormon, and committed her to baptism on the 16th. She is also married (legally!!), and has 4 children. We hope we will be able to teach everyone the next time we go there.

Yeah we generally use the bible until we teach what the Book of Mormon is. We use the bible mainly just to prove that there exists one true church, cuz everyone thinks that all of them are true. It's an annoying belief. But after that I use the Book of Mormon alot to help them.

Anyways I hope you guys have a good week again. Alright I love you guys and wish mom a happy birthday for me!! I thought about her on Saturday. Aright love you!

Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment