Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monday, July 9, 2012

Alright a few important things to say...

I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!! It came this week. Thank you so much for everything inside! I especially like the ensign you guys sent me. I have a few talks for you guys to read. Please read the talk entitled "was it worth it" by Elder Evans of the 70. It is all about what we are focusing on right now here in the mission, and if you look in the whole church. It is amazing. I also really liked President Monsons talk on the plan of salvation. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite subjects (The Plan of Salvation). There is so much to study, it never ends! Also thanks for the mentos thing. I thought it was hilarious. I'm definitely gonna try it here! And mom, don't worry about what I like or not. Honestly, you always get exactly the stuff I am wanting at the moment. So thank you :) It made me extremely happy.

Alright, next. I was transferred :(... Bye bye most beautiful house on the mission. Back to the real world.... I am now in an area called Madureira in the Madureira stake. The area is literally in one of the hottest areas in all of the state of Rio, and even in Brazil. It's not the hottest, of which I’m thankful. The hottest is Bangu. I'm really glad it's winter though, lol. My companion is a Brazilian this time. Elder Alfonso de Souza. That's good cuz I've been getting a thick accent in Portuguese talking English with Elder Peterson. I'm a little nervous because I’m senior now... but the area looks like it hasn't had good missionaries in it for awhile. The last baptisms they had were in April, so my work is cut out for me. Please, don't let up on your prayers! They are appreciated :).

Alright, so this last week we had lots of success. Another sad reason that I’m leaving the area. We found a lady who has been inactive for almost 15 years, and when we visited her she literally cried she was so happy. She came to church this Sunday and brought her husband who is very against religion. He said he loved it and would read the Book of Mormon to know if it was true. Also, we set marriage dates for Vangela and Jackson, the family that I have been working forever with. They are getting married and baptized on the 21st of this month. More baptisms that I’m missing out on. But it's ok, I'll keep my head up and go where I need to go.

Question… Is John 15: 13-15 the one where he says that they are all his friends, and there is no greater sacrifice than laying down your life for your friends? If so that is an awesome scripture. I really love it. I really like Alma 17: 9-11 as well, I’ll enjoy reading it. Patience is one of those never ending lessons, especially on the mission.

I had a really good study today on humility. Read about humility in Preach My Gospel, it says a lot of really great things in there. It is one of the keys of success, because if you are truly humble than you are already following all the commandments of God.

Alright I’m glad you all had a good week, and I am praying for you all. I love you!

Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment