Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey,
This week was actually a really good week. Through our missionary efforts, we grew the wards frequency by 12 people this week! That means that 12 people came to church who were either recent converts, less actives, or investigators. The family that we are teaching finally came to church! And they loved it! We have a family night planned for tonight and we will invite them to be baptized this next sunday. Their names are Marcio and Joana. It will be amazing I'm sure :). As well, a woman named denise came to church for the second time. We are helping her overcome a smoking habit but we will invite her to be baptized this next sindau as well. So it's possible that we will have 4 baptisms this sunday! Also, we reactivated a family that has been out of the church for 3 years already. They came to church for the first time. We will continue working with them to help them return to full activity. As well the woman who was baptized last week came to be confirmed and brought her family (all who were baptized already be other missionaries) So it was a good week.

The weather has been cold this week, and rainy, which is perfect because I hate being all sweaty. Yeah the Zone Leaders are helping but I think I'm geting the hang of it. Elder Cerda and I have our differences but he is a hard worker and so we just try to lose ourselves in the work. No major problems yet lol.

Hmmm, I think everything I ate this week was normal. Normal brasilian food. I finally got my present from the mission for my birthday so I ate a bunch of chocolate. But other than that normal beans and rice, every day.

This week the ward has this huge activity. Everyone is going out two by two to pass out pass along cards to the entire neighborhood close to the chapel. It will be awesome. Hopefully this will get a lot more investigators for us to teach this next month or so. Has the ward there done anything similar recently for missionary work?

Yes mom, we have the same training program. It was a program that they started a teensy bit before I came into the field and the first presidency liked it alot, so they are keeping it. They will also reduce time that a missionary will stay in the MTC by a third, cuz they want them to get out and into this program already. I was trained using this program.

Alright mom, I asked a sister in the ward to sew my pants for me, but if you could send another pair that would be awesome. The brand is croft and barrow and the size is 38x30. you can pick a pretty one if you want. That would be awesome :)

Anyways, I don't think I'm needing anything. It's been awhile since I've taken anything out of my account so I don't know how much is in there so I dont know if you need to put any more in there. I will be sending a package to you guys soon so I'll need some money to send it I think but only that. Alright I love you guys and hope you have a good week :) this next week should be good for us. Keep us in your prayers!

Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment