Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday, December 10, 2012

Hey Mom and Dad,
Well, good news. That family was baptized yesterday!!!! It was an amazing baptismal service. Honestly I have never planned a baptism so early and with such certainty as that one. Everyone in the ward knew about it and went to watch. It wasn't easy, but we were able to keep them firm until the end. They are both very happy and have plans to be sealed in the temple in a year. It made me so happy.

We also had a few other miracles. The family in the picture with them are friends of theirs. The husband was inactive but was reactivated when he saw they were going to be baptized. Also, the other picture is a family that felt the spirit very strong one day and desired to come back to church. It was an amazing day yesterday.

This week we also did lots of contacts, 165. That is the most that I have done on the mission in one week so far, my last record being 162. Me and Elder L. Alves are very happy, because in one week we got almost all our goals for the month completed!

Those two boys are still wanting to be baptized, but it is tough to find them at home. This week though we will be able to devote more time to teach and help prepare them for baptism this week. Pray that they will be able to find time with us. :)

So yeah, this week was good. We taught 18 lessons, but only found 3 new investigators. This isn't good, but undertandable because we were focused on this family so much. They are so excited to be confirmed next week. They really are a special family, especially for me being the first complete family I baptized on my mission :)

Wow... Amy is already getting back? I don't believe it. That's insane. She only left a bit before I did! I get my packages this friday, when we have zone conferences. I will recieve them with happiness. But it's right before transfer, and I'm afraid I'll be transferred. I've already been here 6 months, and I feel like I'll be transferred now. That will suck if I'm transferred with two gigantic boxes as well as my suitcases. Oh well, such is life on the mission.

Tell Aunt Lisa happy birthday for me, and I'll be sure to write Natalie. Thanks for the reminder.

That would be cool seeing some of the young men I have baptized go on missions. One of them, Marlon who I baptized a few months ago, just turned twelve and will recieve the priesthood now. That made me happy lol.

Alright Mom and Dad thanks for the letters. I love you both so much and am doing fine here in the hot hot summer heat lol. I love you.

 
Elder Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment